Defective Medical Device Lawyer in Gwinnett County
Medical devices, such as surgical instruments, implanted devices, or prosthetic replacements, that cause serious complications is an unfortunate reality. But you have options to get compensation for your damages if you suffered harm. Call a defective medical device lawyer in Gwinnett County at the Law Offices of John Morrison to go over your options and for help recovering damages.
Whether you have a case depends on the following questions regarding product liability.
- Was there something flawed in the design of the product? In other words, was the product itself dangerous from its inception?
- Was there something flawed in the product’s manufacturing? Did the manufacturer create the product incorrectly?
- Was there something flawed or not included in the product’s marketing materials? Were there known dangers that the manufacturer did not disclose?
Consumers have the right to hold manufacturers and producers of medical devices accountable if they put dangerous and defective materials on the market or fail to adequately warn consumers of the risks.
What medical devices are the subjects of current claims?
The following list of medical device lawsuits is not complete; however, it demonstrates the variety of devices that have caused injuries.
- Bair Hugger Warming Blankets – Injured consumers have brought claims regarding the use of these devices to keep patients warm when undergoing orthopedic surgeries. The products have allegedly been the cause of deep joint infections in patients.
- Trans-vaginal mesh implants – Injured parties have brought claims alleging that these surgical mesh products caused a variety of complications ranging from infection to organ perforation and tissue erosion.
- Joint replacements – Claimants have filed suit against multiple hip and knee replacement manufacturers alleging that the hip replacement products caused metal poisoning or metallosis due to the release of metal particles from the joint into the bloodstream. Complications of metal poisoning include replacement failures, severe pain, and organ damage.
- INFUSE bone grafts – Consumers have alleged that these synthetic proteins, which intend to help patients undergoing spinal surgery or other procedures grow new bone material, have resulted in infection, sterility, and may be linked to an increased risk of cancer.
- IVC Filters – Manufacturers designed these products to prevent a blood clot from reaching the lungs; however, injured parties have brought claims alleging that the filters can come apart, migrate, or puncture blood vessels and organs.
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery – This innovative surgical tool helps performs minimally invasive surgery with precise movements. However, claimants allege that due to mechanical malfunctions, surgeries resulted in injury to other organs, extended surgical time, infections, bleeding, and internal scarring.
- Mirena IUD – Injured parties allege that this hormonal intra-uterine device, which serves as a slow and steady hormone release management system, has caused ectopic pregnancies, uterine wall perforations, and pelvic inflammatory disease. The device has also allegedly migrated to other locations in the body requiring surgical removal.
I believe I have a case. What do I do now?
If you or someone you care about suffered harm because of a medical device, speak with attorney John Morrison as soon as possible to preserve evidence and protect your rights. Contact us at 770-951-8900.